Smells delicious and so budget-friendly. DIY Lemonade Candles are a hit for a little scent and sensiblity.
- Cut the lemons lengthwise. Squeeze out as much of the juice as possible without tearing the skin. Hollow out the lemon halves with a melon baller.
- In a double boiler, heat beeswax until melted, about 180 degrees. Check temperature with a candy thermometer. Turn off the heat and add lemon oil.
- Cut 3 inches of wick; tie a knot at one end. Thread the loose end through a wick holder, and pull so the knot is secure under the holder.
- Dip the wick and holder with wax until coated; this will stiffen and straighten the wick. Press the wick holder into the bottom of the lemon half to affix. Let the wick dry.
- Pour the wax into the lemon half, and fill to the edge. Use a small paintbrush to coat the rim of the lemon with wax. Let the candle dry for about 4 hours.